Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pre-op diet- Day 1!!

First I have to say that this was the hardest, out-of-sorts day I have had. I didn't feel like I had enough energy to make it through the day, I was jittery, and I had an awful headache. While I know why I feel this way, I don't know how people are expected to work 10 hours and feel this way. And I'm not even on the all liquid diet. I would love some feedback from others about this and is this how you feel when you are first banded??? Does the hunger really go away at first when you get the band??? Just curious....

3 comments:

  1. This is very typical pre-op diet symptoms. I totally felt that way.

    The hunger goes away AFTER you are banded.

    Push through the hunger / pre-op diet. Don't cheat. It's worth it. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was banded on 3/30 and am what 4 days post right now. I am fighting nausea pretty bad and I am kinda hungry but not in the way I would be with diets previous. Right now it isn't so much not hungry from the band, I think it is not hungry from the trauma of the surgery on the part of my body who's job is to get hungry. I have had a few growling hunger pains, except I am not sure if they were hunger pains or just my body starting to really make more stomach acid? But either way... at least for the days after surgery, not eating has been easier. The liquid phase is much easier this side of the operation than that one. So hang in there. ( Ps sorry if I am not making too much sense I am totally on lortab)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pre-op diet is 5,000,000 times harder than the post-op liquid diet. I am just two days out but the thought of chewing something and swallowing it skeezes me out a bit. I have not been nauseous at all and had no problem getting my liquids in, but solids just 'sound' like too much.

    ReplyDelete